ABOUT USThe pioneer of all studies is considered as engineering of which civil engineering is considered as "The mother of Engineering". Civil engineering offers a wide range of especially in the development of private and public sectors which directly influence the growth of the nation. The department of civil engineering was established in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students. Due to the boundless scope for civil engineering and the education offered, we now boast an intake of 120 students in the academic year 2009-2010. The department is endowed with highly qualified faculty members, state of art library and well equipped laboratories, which help the students in every aspect of their education.
- Eighteen University Ranks & Two Gold Medals since 2010.
- NAAC Accredited for five years commencing from September 2005
- NBA accreditation for three years commencing from May 2009
- MoUs with 'TAMILNADU AGRO - ENERGY DEVELOPERS (P) LTD' for a period of three years from 29th September 2008 & with 'CARE EARTH' for four years from 18th February 2009 & with 'HITECH INDIA EQUIPMENTS PRIVATE LIMITED' for five years from 1st February 2010.
- Overall Championship - Intra College sports for three consecutive years, from 2006- 07.
- Best Outgoing Student - Ms. R. Bhuvaneshwari (2005 - 09)for the year 2008-09
Vision of the Department
To graduate technically competent Civil Engineers with moral and ethical values and to become centre of excellence promoting consultancy and research for industrial and societal needs.
Mission of the Department
- To impart quality education through innovative teaching methods.
- Enhancing and enriching the students knowledge with latest technological advancements.
- To promote consultancy for industrial and social needs through innovative projects and research.
- To train and expose the students so as to meet the challenges at international level and to sustain as entrepreneurs.
- SOUNDARYA CONSTRUCTIONS
- TECTON ENGINEERING and CONSTRUCTION
- CADD CENTER, ECCI LTD
- NAVAYUGA ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTIONS
- MAYTAS, BRIGADE
- ERA BUILDING SYSTEMS
- JAIN HOUSING
- CAD SINDIA
- ETA STAR
- SOMA ENTERPRISES
- SATYAM C
- WIPRO, etc.
|Dr.N.S.Elangovan||Professor and Head||View Profile|
|Dr .S.Anne Ligoria||Professor||View Profile|
|Dr.C.Anbalagan||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Ms.K.Kaviya||Asst. Professor II||View Profile|
|Ms.M.Jayalakshmi||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ms.V.Lavanya||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ms.T.Mythili||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ms.K.Karuna Devi||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ms.V.Kavitha||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|T.Ananth||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|S.Arun Kumar||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|K. Venkatalakshmi||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|S.Nandhini||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|R.Balaraman||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|L.Chris Anto||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|B.Rajkumar||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|P.Premalatha||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|A.Sargunaraj||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|R.Nithiya||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|J.Jayachandran||Asst. Professor II||View Profile|
|K.R.Vinodh||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|T. Subhashini||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|K.Saran||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ms.S.Geetha||Asst. Professor III||View Profile|
|Deepa.K||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Ganeshkumar.G||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Hridhya.T.S||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Abirami.G||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|R.S.MANOJ||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|IFTHIKA SHERINE||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|C.R.Rajasekar||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Suma Pattapu||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|B.Ganeshkumar||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|P.Velipillai||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|P.Padmapriya||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|T.Vidhya||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
INFRASTRUCTUREOur department is provisioned with updated laboratory equipments. Laboratories are provided for all the major subjects in the under graduate level to provide practical knowledge to the students.
Strength of material laboratoryThe experimental work involved in this laboratory makes the student understand the fundamental modes of loading of the structures and also make measurements of loads, displacements and strains. Relating these quantities, the student obtains the strength of the material and stiffness properties of structural elements.
Soil mechanics laboratoryThe student acquires the capacity to test the soil to assess its Engineering and Index properties
Hydraulics laboratoryThe verification of the principles and theories in an experimental way is carried in this laboratory. It includes the study of pressure due to fluids, efficiency at outlet and working of Turbines.
Survey laboratoryAt the end of the course the student possess knowledge about Survey Field Techniques. It includes determination of boundary, area, volume and location of points.
CADD laboratoryThe students acquire the knowledge about designing and drafting of models of building with the aid of softwares. They are also helpful in determining the load acting on the beam and its corresponding deflection.
Environmental laboratoryThe student is expected to be aware of the procedure for quantifying quality parameters for water and sewage.
Concrete & Highway laboratoryA concrete & highway laboratory to learn the principles and procedures for testing Concrete and Highway materials.
|Event Image||Event Title||Event Date||Event Description||View|
|Parents - Teachers Meeting||26-Jul-2014|
Our every action is recorded.
|K. JayaPriya||5th Rank|
|L. Janani||13th Rank|
|D. Kiruthiga||14th Rank|
|S. Sathyanarayani||30th Rank|
|V. Revathi||33th Rank|
|P.K.B. Anusha||37th Rank|
|Rini Baby||39th Rank|
|E.Rama Chandran||41st Rank|
|M.T. Vaishnavi||48th Rank|
- A.Monica 2009-13 batch Won II prize in "Tamil Oratorical held during Jan 2012 in Chennai Science Festival 2012 Organized by Science City at Anna Gem Science Park School , Gandhi Mandapam Road Chennai.
- A. Monica 2009-13 batch Won III prize in "English Oratorical held during Jan 2012 in Chennai Science Festival 2012 Organized by Science City at Anna Gem Science Park School Gandhi Mandapam Road Chennai.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE FACULY
- Dr. C. Anbalagan is holding Two Science camps for 300 INSPIRE Intents from 15-19 February and 23 to 27 March 2012 for the INSPIRE Program. Toward this purpose a fund of Rs. 18, 000, 00 has been released by Department of Science and Technology.
Click here to view the R&D details.