The pioneer of all studies is considered as engineering of which civil engineering is considered as "The mother of Engineering". Civil engineering offers a wide range of especially in the development of private and public sectors which directly influence the growth of the nation. The department of civil engineering was established in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students.
Due to the boundless scope for civil engineering and the education offered, we now boast an intake of 120 students in the academic year 2009-2010. The department is endowed with highly qualified faculty members, state of art library and well equipped laboratories, which help the students in every aspect of their education.
- Eighteen University Ranks & Two Gold Medals since 2010.
- NAAC Accredited for five years commencing from September 2005
- NBA accreditation for three years commencing from May 2009
- MoUs with 'TAMILNADU AGRO - ENERGY DEVELOPERS (P) LTD'
for a period of three years from 29th September 2008 & with 'CARE EARTH' for four years from
18th February 2009 & with 'HITECH INDIA EQUIPMENTS PRIVATE LIMITED'
for five years from 1st February 2010.
- Overall Championship - Intra College sports for three consecutive years, from 2006- 07.
- Best Outgoing Student - Ms. R. Bhuvaneshwari (2005 - 09)for the year 2008-09
- SOUNDARYA CONSTRUCTIONS
- TECTON ENGINEERING and CONSTRUCTION
- CADD CENTER, ECCI LTD
- NAVAYUGA ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTIONS
- MAYTAS, BRIGADE
- ERA BUILDING SYSTEMS
- JAIN HOUSING
- CAD SINDIA
- ETA STAR
- SOMA ENTERPRISES
- WIPRO, etc.
Our department is provisioned with updated laboratory equipments. Laboratories are provided for all the major subjects in the under graduate level to provide practical knowledge to the students.
Strength of material laboratory
The experimental work involved in this laboratory makes the student understand the fundamental modes of loading of the structures and also make measurements of loads, displacements and strains. Relating these quantities, the student obtains the strength of the material and stiffness properties of structural elements.
Soil mechanics laboratory
The student acquires the capacity to test the soil to assess its Engineering and Index properties
The verification of the principles and theories in an experimental way is carried in this laboratory. It includes the study of pressure due to fluids, efficiency at outlet and working of Turbines.
At the end of the course the student possess knowledge about Survey Field Techniques. It includes determination of boundary, area, volume and location of points.
The students acquire the knowledge about designing and drafting of models of building with the aid of softwares. They are also helpful in determining the load acting on the beam and its corresponding deflection.
The student is expected to be aware of the procedure for quantifying quality parameters for water and sewage.
Concrete & Highway laboratory
A concrete & highway laboratory to learn the principles and procedures for testing Concrete and Highway materials.
|Event Image||Event Title||Event Date||Event Description||View|
||Parents - Teachers Meeting||26-Jul-2014
Our every action is recorded.
||48th Rank |
- A.Monica 2009-13 batch Won II prize in "Tamil Oratorical held during Jan 2012 in Chennai Science Festival 2012 Organized by Science City at Anna Gem Science Park School , Gandhi Mandapam Road Chennai.
- A. Monica 2009-13 batch Won III prize in "English Oratorical held during Jan 2012 in Chennai Science Festival 2012 Organized by Science City at Anna Gem Science Park School Gandhi Mandapam Road Chennai.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE FACULY
- Dr. C. Anbalagan is holding Two Science camps for 300 INSPIRE Intents from 15-19 February and 23 to 27 March 2012 for the INSPIRE Program. Toward this purpose a fund of Rs. 18, 000, 00 has been released by Department of Science and Technology.
to view the R&D details.